Scanning Electron Microscope and EDS (EDAX)
TCR Advanced has procured state of the art
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
attached with Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS) system. SEM is one of the most important diagnostic tools for
- Failure investigation
- Morphology and identification of localized defects
- Identifying corrosion products at microscopic levels
- Identifying surface coating or plating
- Particle size & shape analysis
- Characterizing creep in microstructure
- Identifying submicron size features in microstructure
TCR Advanced has SEMART SS-100 SEM of PEMTRON, Korea make which offers simple and very user-friendly operating console. The EDS Analyzer X-Max 20 attached to the SEM is a versatile X-Ray spectrometer system which does not require Liquid nitrogen for its operation. This greatly reduces the start-up time of EDS analyzer as compared to conventional system.
The large detector area of 20 mm2 gives better count rate at lower accelerating voltages and lower spot sizes resulting in improved accuracy and quantification of elements which is sometimes a limitation of the conventional
Energy Dispersive Spectrometer
EDS detectors with smaller detector area.